3mo holding hands

3mo holding hands

Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby Buzz!

I know it's been a while since I've posted - almost 2 weeks I think!  Time does fly!

I've been on a baby buzz lately.  The weekend before last Brian and I went to Iowa for a visit and to help celebrate his grandmother's 90th birthday.  We got to catch up with his extended family and he and I both got to spend some time with his cousin's 11 week old baby girl.  What a sweetheart!  I got lucky and got to snuggle her while she napped away on my chest.  I could have sat there all day with her sweet warmth!  Less than a week later my friend and co-worker brought in her 2 week old baby boy.  She came in at the perfect time.  Everyone got to see him and Ooo and awwww over him, and then they all left and I probably spend 30 minutes just talking and playing with him (as much as a 2 week old can play).  What a precious little guy!  I left for lunch with Brian just giddy on a baby buzz!  That night I headed back to Salina with Blue Belle.  Tara and Scott were crashing at my parents house for the night while their house was being sprayed and although he very much should have been in bed, I got to spend a little time with Scott that night.  He'd changed so much!  His precious little face just lit up in a huge smile when he saw me - brought tears to my eyes!  I spent Saturday afternoon and evening with him too.  What a fun little guy - my camera and I had a blast with his giggles and smiles!  This week Aubrey and Kevin are bringing their 10 month old twins to KC and then to Salina so I'll get even more baby fun!  The more I'm around babies the more excited I get about our little bundle of joy!  I can't wait until we know if we're having a boy or a girl so we can start shopping!

Last week my clothes were getting uncomfortable.  They still fit - although a hairband around the buttons really helps!  I recieved a pair of jeans and a pair of chinos (for work) that I think will be much more comfortable.  I wore the jeans for the first time on Sunday and Brian swore I "popped" over the weekend.  I think I'm exactly the same as I was on Friday, it's just that a nice stretchy elastic band shows a bump a lot better than a less forgiving denim waistband.  LOL!  I've heard pregnant women say before that they look more pregnant in their maternity clothes (early on) than they do in their regular clothes.  I guess it's true!  I can say the maternity clothes were much more comfortable, and made me feel much better about myself.   Sunday morning Mom noticed me rubbing my tummy a lot and asked if Baby and I were ok - I told her that we were great just itchy.  It took me saying it out loud to realize I needed to start using my tummy butter stat!  I smeared a good amount of lotion on that morning and as soon as I got home broke out the tummy butter that I had been given when we first found out we were expecting.  Now, lets just hope it all works!

I've been feeling pretty good for the past couple weeks.  I still have quite a bit of acid reflux in the afternoons and indigestion in the evenings, but nothing that's making me too uncomfortable.  I'm eager to throw some of the workout videos I've been given into my routine now that I have a bit more energy. 

Since I missed a week I almost missed a fruit!  While it's almost over, week 14 means baby is the size of a lemon.  On Wednesday I'll be 15 weeks and it'll be the size of a navel orange.  A fine hair is covering baby's body protecting it's skin from constantly being in amniotic fluid.  Hair is starting to grow on baby's head as well eye lashes or eye brows- this hair will still around through birth.  Baby is now capable of sucking it's thumb.  It can make expressions (although they don't represent emotions yet).  We hope to find out baby's sex in 3 weeks or so - I hope Doc really lets us schedule the sonogram in week 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment