3mo holding hands

3mo holding hands

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Balloons!

We must be growing today!  I feel like someone has a big balloon inside my belly and is trying to fill it every last inch.  It doesn't hurt, but it just kind of aches/stretches all over - like the slight ache after a hard workout.  I've been expecting as much, though, because I have been so hungry lately!  I was hoping baby was behind the hunger!  Brian even commented a couple of nights ago (as I helped myself to his dinner) that he might have to start eating alone if I don't stop eating his food!  Maybe it's time to give in to larger portions or more snacks.  Do Tums count as a snack?!  In the quantity I'm taking down they might!

I think we've finally decided on a crib and dresser.  We haven't ordered it, but we anticipate doing so in the next month or two.  It feels good to be decided.  Like the basics of the room are figured out.  Next weekend hopefully we can start deciding what the accents and colors will look like! :)  Speaking of - only 9 more days until we get to see if baby will show us: boy or girl!  I'm taking notes on things that make baby move (in case it's being shy).  I've heard soda/caffeine, chocolate/sugar, jumping around (which will be risky considering I have to have a VERY full bladder).  Any other suggestions would be welcomed! 

I'm getting pretty excited about everything.  I've started a few registries so I don't forget what suggestions I've gotten from all of my mommy friends.  A new store opened up in town last weekend: Buy Buy Baby.  I'm pretty impressed!  I think I'll prefer it to Babies R Us.  It's a sister-store to Bed Bath & Beyond and it's set up very similarly.  It carries lots of brands that are hard to find other than online, so we can look at all of the options before we decide.  I've heard they send out coupons much like Bed Bath & Beyond does - all of the time!  And I've also heard that they accept competitors coupons, so it may be a smart place to shop!  The clothing section was calling my name over the weekend when I went in with Tara - I whispered back that I'd come visit in 2 weeks after I know which department to shop in!  I can't wait!

My fabulous friend Erin found out yesterday that she'll be having a baby girl 6 or 7 weeks before Baby M is due.  This sends my girl wishes back to the forefront for a bit!  Wouldn't it be fun to have a group of little girls that are about the same age?!  Oh, the drama!  LOL!  But, then I see something boy-ish and the boy wish creeps back up and I'm back to 50/50 - I don't care whether it's a boy or a girl, I just want to know!  (all of the essential items that we've decided on so far are gender neutral, so it won't change anything either way).

Today I am 17 weeks pregnant.  Baby has mastered some simple reflexes such as swallowing, sucking, and blinking (that's right, the eyelids are not fused anymore).  It may even be starting to get hiccups.   The skeleton is starting to change from cartilage to bone (thank God for all the calcium in those Tums) and it's now able to move it's joints.  The sweat glands are forming and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker.  Baby is about the length of an onion: around 5", and weighs over 5 oz now.  Maybe even more than that since I wrote this because I think I feel it growing right now!  LOL!  I started slathering on the belly butter a couple of weeks ago (after I caught myself scratching my belly because it itched - and DING the light went on).   Now I just hope I'm one of the lucky few (you know who you are) who got away without many stretchmarks (if any at all).  Fingers crossed!

Next weeks post will be later in the week so we can share if we know if it's a boy or a girl!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment