Today I'm 11 weeks along. I can see the light at the end of the 1st-trimester-tunnel! I'm noticing a little bit more of the nausea (or really just queasiness now) diminishing every day. I got so excited (and then felt so silly) when I finally felt hunger again - and not just overwhelming waves of nausea when I knew it was time to eat. Don't get me wrong, I still get queasy and know it's time to feed this little monster, but it's going away slowly but surely! I've managed to reduce my "feedings" a bit and am feeling a bit more normal (although I'm still on an infantile 3 hour feeding schedule). I even got back into my workout routine this week. We spent the weekend laying 44 bags of mulch and 5 bags of river rock (Brian did 90% of the work... he carried every last bag - I just spread the mulch). It felt great to get out in the spring air and do something normal!
Although there is no baby to show for it yet, Brian treated me to a wonderful Mother's Day anyway. He got up early and did the grocery shopping. Woke me up to hot fresh french toast (and an oh-so-sweet Mothers Day card), then took Zeppelin to the dog park while I climbed back in bed for an hour or so (it was a 7:30 breakfast on a weekend - even if I never got back to sleep it was nice to snuggle back in for a bit). We worked in the yard (a Pestinger family spring-holiday tradition) and Brian gave both dogs a much needed bath. He cooked me 3 meals that day - closing the day with the most delicious steak and roasted potato's ever - and even took the dogs and disappeared for a while so I could have an afternoon nap. What a guy! For not having even delivered a baby yet he gave me quite the royal treatment!
I'm on a flight to Denver tomorrow morning. I'm meeting Erin & Aubrey at the Denver airport and Dusty will pick us up and take us back to the house in Frisco. I haven't seen Dusty since we shared the news (nor have I seen Erin or Aubrey since then) so I anticipate a lot of laughs and hugs and tears. Deal with it Denver airport! It looks like Denver and Frisco are getting snow today - but supposed to be in the 50's over the weekend, so packing is a challenge, but I'm fairly certain I'll have far more than I need. I'm more than pumped for a weekend with the girls (and Dustin) just enjoying everything Frisco (and the surrounding area) has to offer. But, of course, I woke up this morning and rolled over and kissed Brian good morning like I do almost every day, and got sad that he won't be there. But we'll both survive and be excited to see each other on Sunday.
Like I said - I'm 11 weeks along today. Baby M is the size of a lime (I'm assuming they mean a key lime when they say just over 1 1/2" long) and is now growing so fast (s)he will double in size by this time next week! Pretty soon the hands will open and close into fists. Reproductive organs are forming and becoming more distinguished... we're a little over half way to finding out what this lil' raspberry is going to be! (I know it's much bigger than a raspberry now, but I just kind of got stuck on it and have been using that term ever since!) I'm still not showing, but I am as puffy as ever. My clothes still fit comfortably and I now feel good enough to actually get excited for things like shopping for maternity clothes when the time comes (about all I can really do until we find out if we're having a son or a daughter). I still feel like it's a little girl, but as for what I want - it changes every day - which I think is great - it shows that whatever they tell us when we find out will be fantastic news! I won't be rooting one way or another.
Okay, it's been about 3 hours since I ate something... my snack alarm is ringing loud and clear! Brian doesn't believe me when I tell him that this feeding schedule is more of a nuissance than a treat. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment