Oy! It's been a rough month, but I think (and hope and pray) we're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel! After trying every suggestion and myth and urban legend I could find to ease the nausea I gave up and switched my prenatal vitamins to Flintstones. My friend Aubrey had carried healthy happy beautiful twins on Flintstones at the suggestion of her doctor (who is also my doctor) and when I told him I was having some nausea at our first appointment he told me not to be afraid to switch to Flintstones because they are easier on the tummy -he just reminded me to take 2 a day instead of one. Well last week I finally broke down and bought a Costco sized bottle of Flintstones and started taking them instead of my prenatal. I noticed an immediate difference - although I still felt queasy most of the day and I was definitely not 100%, it was better than standing in the bathroom every morning and evening heaving! Monday night I finally started getting a real appetite back and took my pills after dinner, as usual. I'd thought angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream sounded good, so a bit after I took my pills Brian and I had some of that. Well, hell! I woke up Tuesday morning without any nausea... I treaded lightly cuz I didn't want to tempt fate, but all day I felt pretty darned good! I definitely had a touch of queasiness when I knew I needed to eat something, but it was definitely an improvement from even the day before! There was a bit of bounce in my step - I took Blue for a walk and enjoyed getting out again. It was a good day! That night I took my pills after dinner as usual - and at bedtime I was feeling nauseated again. It finally hit me that I have to sandwich those vitamins in food! Apparently my tummy would rather believe I'm eating incredibly nutritious food than taking vitamins! LOL! As soon as I had a small bite to eat I was feeling better and woke up this morning feeling good again. I'm just hoping that stays the case!
I'm definitely not showing at all yet, but I'm noticing it's more difficult to suck in my belly. Where I used to be able to stand up really straight and slim things down a bit, now I'm just taller and yet still puffy when I stand up really straight. Probably just pregnancy bloat, but it's a change. My clothes still fit fine, but for some reason I dread wearing them all. It's like they are all far too close to me to be comfortable - even though they aren't really tight. I have a feeling the heat of this summer will be interesting! It may be a good thing that maxi dresses have been in style for a few years! I'm leaving on a short girls trip next Thursday and I'm praying this feeling better stuff sticks around and I'm feeling fun and more energetic when I get to see my friends again! I do not want to be the party pooper! I've definitely noticed as my nausea subsides my emotions are shifting into high gear. Brian's alarm went off early on Monday and I burst into hysterical tears... hmmm... thats not like me! Monday night I recieved a pregnancy care package from my friend Erin (SO sweet) and I burst into hysterical tears again! Poor Brian - he's gotten really good at just hugging me and not asking for an explaination - my explainations don't really make any sense in that moment, anyway! Tuesday we were in the card aisle of Target and I just grabbed a card and walked out with tears running down my face. I had to stop reading and just leave. Brian just shook his head. LOL! I can't explain it - it just is what it is.
Today I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Creeping ever closer to that blessed 2nd trimester (I hear great things - I hope it lives up to my expectations)! Baby is the size of a prune from crown to bottom. A prune just doesn't sound right to me - so shriveled and dehydrated. Another site says baby is the size of a kumquat... that doesn't help, I don't even know what that is! Anyway, the webbing between fingers and toes is gone now and tiny little fingernails and toenails are starting to form - as well as toothbuds and hair. The baby is officially a fetus today - that makes me smile! "Fetus" is much more human-sounding (and looking) than whatever it was before now!
No comments:
Post a Comment