February has been busy! Early in the month Jax gave up his bottle. I'm not exactly sure when it was as he kind of phased it out on his own. One night I realized that I was making him a bottle every day and I was pouring the whole thing out at night. I just stopped making them. I think he got two more after that simply because he couldn't calm down at night. Then he was done. When he saw me clear them out of the cupboard he fussed for one, but I quickly hid them and he's been fine ever since.
He also stopped the insistence that I, and only I, put him down for naps or to bed. For the first year of his life I was the only person he would let put him down. It was a rare and welcomed (by me) occasion that he would let anyone else take him up to bed. Earlier this month Brian took him up for a nap and bam! he was alseep! That weekend we kept count. Brian took him up for naps and to bed and 5 out of the 6 sleeps he went down without so much as a squeak. It's awesome! Brian is now the primary bed-time guy! While Brian and I were in Colorado for a few days this week Jax stayed with my parents and Grandpa Tom put him to bed every night! Pa said he was the coolest and he could just stay if we wanted - he loved putting Jax to bed every night and getting that last sweet snuggle.
Last, but without a doubt not least; Jax finally started WALKING! I can't say he uses it as his primary mode of transportation, he still crawls, but he definitely walks as far as he wants to go and does it regularly! He loves to "take a walk" with me. He'll take my finger and guide me all over the house. If I stop he squaks at me and then continues on by himself.
It started like:
less than an hour later it was more like:
and pretty soon he wasn't stopping when he reached me, but walking on by!
Okay, here are the best of him lately!
We'll start with his complete adoration of Blue Belle - and her sweet tolerance.
(Don't get me wrong, if given the chance he'll pull her tail and ears as hard as he can - poor girl, I'm working training that one out of him!)
Driving back from Colorado Brian and I drove through about 5-6 hours of a horrible snow storm. The next morning it reached Kansas City. That snow at the door is not a drift, that's how deep it is. Brian said at least a foot! He spent all day snow blowing our drive and our neighbors drives! Jax loved watching him work his way down the street.
Pretty much his favorite response to being told "no". How can you not smile at that!?
Jax loves play dates with his friends!
Some things aren't trained... boys.
Who needs a horse when you have a rockin' croc!
Current snow being the exception, we've taken advantage of the spring-like weather.
Jax loves his wagon!
Who doesn't love a clean post-bath baby pic!?
Laundry basket + 8-10 balls = tons of fun (and tired Mama)
I hope you are all having a wonderful February!


No comments:
Post a Comment