3mo holding hands

3mo holding hands

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

May

Another month has come and gone - they are just flying by now!  I can't believe it's summer already!  Nor can I believe Jax is 6 months old.  This was a big month for Jax & me.  Early in the month we started rice cereal, and soon thereafter his first veggies.  The first food video was in the April post if you missed it and are interested (I know... he started foods in May but I posted it in the April post... get used to it.  I post around the fifth of each month, so a few things slip into the previous months post).


He also started barrel rolling this month (below he has rolled himself up into his blanket).

cut two bottom teeth.

Jax is chatting up a storm and is most recently blowing raspberries.

He's getting stronger everyday and will be sitting up unassisted in no time.

  Jax is growing increasingly more aware of the dogs and is really starting to bond with them.  He reaches for and holds Zeppelin's ears (and Zeppelin in turn likes to nudge and rub gently on Jax's hands and lap - just like he does ours when he wants to be pet).  He rolled into Blue Belle's lap one day - she just licked his ear and waited for him to roll on.  We're keeping an eye on them all at all times, but also allowing this interaction and teaching him to be gentle with dogs from the very beginning.

 Oops - hit Zeppelin with the car.  Luckily neither was hurt.

















Jax had his first swim shortly after mothers day at Nana's house.  The water was a bit cool, but he had a good time floating around in his Car's raft.  Hopefully it's warmer when we are back again this weekend and we can spend more time in the pool.  Now that he's 6 months old I can put sunscreen on him and don't have to try to constantly dodge the sun. 

The same day he had his first swim he also got to swing in the tree swing for the first time.  He loved it!  When we were done we all sat in the shade of the tree to dry out and enjoy the afternoon.  Jax rolled all over and told us stories... bare buns feel so good in the summer breeze!


In my effort to get into some kind of shape I've taken up jogging and now that Jax is old enough to go in the Bumbleride with me we go 3 mornings a week.  He looks pretty relaxed after a long jog!















My good friend Aubrey and her husband moved to Kentucky just a few short months after they got married (which was just a few short weeks after Brian and I go married - so over 2 years ago).  Since then they have had twins who turn 2 next month and have a baby girl who is 2 months younger than Jax.  They just moved back this month and we got ALL of the kids together for the first time this week.  Jax & Katie were fast friends (as were Jax and Jacob & Andrew, although they were a bit too busy for Jax to keep up).


This spring Brian's volleyball team had a new sub who turned out to be a photographer.  Jax and I went out to the sand volleyball complex one night so Brian's team could meet him and play for a bit before their match and we got to chat with Kate a bit.  Last weekend we met Kate and her mom at Antioch Park for six month and family pictures. Jax warmed up to Kate quickly and had a great time laughing and posing for her.  We had such a great time with both Kate and her mom we couldn't wait to see if the pictures were as great as the shoot was fun.  Brian and I are very impressed and can't wait to work with Kate again!  She took over 900 pictures, so she's still working on them, but until we get them all back here is a preview.








And, of course, on the day he turned 6 months I had to take some pics of my own.  They are no where near the caliber of Kate's, but some of them were cute.  As she took so many great ones I didn't take nearly as many as I usually do.





This weekend Jax and I are headed to the Salina Smokey Hill River Festival - one of my favorite events of the year.  Have a great June!

No comments:

Post a Comment