3mo holding hands

3mo holding hands

Monday, May 7, 2012

Jax's April


It's been yet another month.  And a great month it's been!  I'm amazed at how much Jax is growing up.  I look at him some days and wonder when he got so big! 

We spent Easter weekend in Salina with my family.  Jax has started to be more cautious of new people and it took him a little bit to warm up to Grandpa Tom, but before the first night was over they were good pals.  A few moments from that weekend:









Brian headed back to KC on Sunday, but Jax and I stayed in Salina a few more days.  While we were there we got in a mini-photo-shoot with cousin Scott, and Jax managed to find his feet.




Like it or not Jax has developed a love of TV.  He'll wiggle and twist in your arms until he can see it - and then he's enraptured.

Dustin and Jake spent a weekend with us and Jax got to have some good time with them on game day:

He's sitting up with assistance better and better each day.  He loves his walker/ride, but he does well in his bumbo and propped up in his boppy also.  Or just sitting with someone holding his torso or hands to keep him upright.  He's responding with great belly laughs to Brian and I and even the dogs now.  And he's great about smiling for the camera whenever he see's it (or our phones or video camera sometimes, too)

We also took a big step and started solid foods this month.  At his 4 month appointment Doc told us we could start anytime between 4 & 6 months.  I was NOT ready.  My baby simply couldn't be old enough to eat solid foods!  But, as he started sitting up better with assistance and paying more and more attention to us eating and drinking and showing interest in our food & drink I couldn't deny that he was ready.  I noticed that I was thinking about it every day and so I finally caved and we had our first cereal.  He wasn't so sure about it - but each day he loves it even more.  He spits half of it out trying to get the spoon back in his mouth for more.  Cracks me up.  I'm going to be cooking for him in no time! Lots to learn about baby food!




We had our 5 month photo shoot!  The link to the snapfish album with these shots and more is here.



Last but not least - a little bit of this months fun in action:

TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment