Haha - like I'm really going to manage to blog every day for the next 12 days! But can you believe that's all that's left until his due date!? CRAZY!
I'm now 38 weeks and 2 days. Jax is about 19 3/4" long and 6.8-7lbs. He's just getting fatter now - a chubby baby is a healthy baby! He's moving and rolling and stretching all of the time. I love feeling his hard little body when he's pushing out on my belly.
We saw the doctor today - we've made a little progress towards his arrival, but for the most part are looking like we're right on track - about 12 days out! (okay, Dr. Curry said "right on track"... the 12 days out is my own hopefulness). Heart rate was good - about 147. Everything is looking good.
So - I've been thinking about all of the things I'll miss about this pregnancy - and all of the things I won't! I thought I should probably write them all down so I don't forget (because I will forget).
I'll miss:
feeling every little roll, kick, stretch etc.
The feel of my belly, and I think I'll miss the look of it, too.
The pride of walking around with a big baby belly - this is about the only time in life that I get to feel good about my belly sticking out!
The guiltless indulgences. I try not to go over board, but it's nice to not have to question every little snack.
The soft, clear complexion - knock on wood I don't think I've had a break out since the first trimester!
Strong, fast growing fingernails!
maternity pants.
I won't miss:
Painful punches to tender zones
Heartburn: sometimes Prevacid helps... but in the 3rd trimester sometimes it's no match to my heartburn
The constant and ongoing need to go potty - day or night.
Instant hunger pangs that cannot wait another moment (honestly, they hit hard and with nausea of I don't eat NOW!)
Being so full I'm sick after a moderate/small meal, and starving beyond belief 15 minutes later.
Swelling: hands, feet, wrists - and everything in between! And I've been lucky - it hasn't been too bad, but what I've had has been constant since summer.
My non-maternity clothes slipping and my belly hanging out (this is really only at home, but still annoying).
My joints slipping as I get closer to the end. It's quick and it's over as soon as it happens, but it hurts!
My hair growing like I used the Peanut Butter Solution (did anyone else see that movie as a kid?)
My limitations - I hate not being able to do certain things... it's really hard to accept my limitations (and I know that won't go away very soon).
Feeling like I'm always wearing a girtle (that's really my best description - like everything on the inside is being squeezed into a too small girtle...then again I might want to wear a girtle after he's born!).
Watching the number on the scale climb every week - that's traumatizing!
Ok - I know it looks like there's a lot more that I won't miss than I will miss. But I think the "will miss" list holds more weight than the "won't miss" list. I feel more strongly about the things I will miss.
I hope you all have a great weekend and if I don't post again before - have a very happy Thanksgiving ({small sob}: the closer it gets the sadder I get that I won't be with all of my extended family in Salina. ok - now it's a bigger sob).
No comments:
Post a Comment