We had another Doctors appointment today - everything is looking good! Last month my fundal height (from the top of my uterus to my pubic bone) was 2-3 cm ahead of schedule (it should coordinate with the number of weeks I am pregnant). Doc had said that if it measured more than 2 cm ahead for more than 2 consecutive appointments that he'd then order some more testing to see if it was just a big baby, or if there was more going on in there. My biggest concern was that if I did measure big again this week and the hospital couldn't get me in today for an ultrasound that I'd have to wait anxiously until next Wednesday at the earliest before we could get in so that Brian could go with me (he'll be in Boston for work until Tuesday night). But, thankfully, this week I measured exactly 28.5 cm and I'm almost exacty 28.5 weeks along! So it's all perfect. I must have just had a growth spurt right before my last appointment. Last month I'd also almost doubled what my monthly wight gain should have been... I was a bit anxious about that. But this month I actually lost 1.5 lbs - 2lbs (the scale was not exactly at 0.0 before I got on - so I give myself a couple of fractions of a pound- haha). Since I'd gained more than average the month before this isn't a concern... and trust me - I'm not skimping on dinner (or any other meal, or snack) and I'm still working out about the same as before. So, all is good in the medical world of Baby Jax! His heart rate was 147 this week - he was resting - it's higher when he's kicking and punching (like now....just like mine is higher when I'm kicking and punching). They administered my RhoGam shot today - said if Jax comes out with an RH positive blood type I'll have to get another after he's born - but he should be safe for delivery, in case he is positive. Our next appointment is in 4 weeks and then we have a couple every other week appointments, and then we are down to weekly appointments until he's here!
I had my first baby shower last weekend in Monticello, IA. We had so much fun. A great afternoon with great people. I still can't get over how cute everything was... the blue punch with little rubber ducks floating in it - and the diaper cake... The hand made bibs, and made-with-love baby blanket... everything was so great! I can't wait to see pics! We came home with a great start on life-with-baby! :) Thank you Aunt Laura & Aunt Bre! I spent all evening sorting through everything and orgainizing and making a list of stuff that we are going to need that I'd completely over looked. ...this little guy already has a lot of laundry - and I don't have a laundry basket for him!
Peg also pulled out some of Brian's baby clothes in case we wanted them. We came home with a couple of great vintage sweaters and a darling little vintage blanket. The sweaters will probably be fitting next winter - they are all 12 month, but the blanket can go to use right away!
We ordered the crib this week - it should be in sometime next week. I can't wait to get it home and set up so I can really start getting the room ready! It's going to be a tight squeeze, but I think we can make it more cozy than cramped.
As I said earlier, I'm 28 weeks now. Jax weighs about 2 1/4 lbs and is about 14.8" long (although Dr. Curry said at our appointment today that he just knows we're going to have a tall baby... I don't know if he noticed that I was wearing 3" heels). Jax is busy adding fat to his skinny little frame right now (he can have any of mine that he wants... have it all little man). He's getting cuter! He can see and respond to light now - if I were to shine a flash light on my belly I might feel his startle response to the light. But when I think of the view he'd probably get... I'd rather just not. LOL! I'm feeling good and if I could get Funkle Dustin into KS for a back massage I might even forget that I'm even pregnant for a minute! I guess I can wait until October...
No comments:
Post a Comment