I don't know about anyone else, but I always feel as if the ...ber months just fly by (...ber months... you know: September, October, November, December) . As if once the calender turns to September there's just a downhill slide until New Years - and then there is time to breathe again. I have a feeling that this year will be even more crazy. This baby is due to arrive in the world in just 3 short months. It seems like the day that someone will actually close the car door and send me home with a baby are light-years away... and (terrifyingly enough) they are just around the corner! For the sake of my own state of mind I'm choosing to skip over everything that must happen in days before that car door shuts and a nurse pats us on the bumper on our way home (in my own little dream world the nurses help us out to the car and hug us goodbye with bittersweet tears in their eyes to see us go... a pregnant girl can dream, can't she?).
The first baby shower is this weekend in Iowa and I'm so excited as well as nervous. I've been to many baby showers - I've hosted... I know my way though one, but I've never been the Mama being showered! All of the sweet little-person things we've spent the past few months researching and registering for have seemed kind of like a dream list... you know "If I were going to have a baby I would want..." I guess so far I've had it so easy with this pregnancy that I forget I'm actually pregnant! I still startle myself a bit when I see my reflection in the mirror... Or when I see my belly jump with little kicks.
I have to say, though, that I hope the ...ber months go a lot more smoothly than August. Although July was hotter than H-E-double-hockey-sticks and August was a bit more tolerable, I'm not sorry to see August go. Between the heartbreak of losing a very dear friend, and the stress and anxiety of waiting to see if our dog, Zeppelin, will live or die - I don't want another month that stressful and heartbreaking for many many years (actually, ever - if I can never have another month that bad I'd be just fine with that). I'm ready for a few weekends that are NOT filled with tears.
Brian and I aren't much for keeping secrets (we keep those that need to be kept, but we love to share our joy with those we love)...word is out, but I guess we really haven't posted it on here yet - so here goes. Baby Michaelsen's full name will be Jaxxon (Jax) Vann Michaelsen. Lots of time, debate and discussion went into choosing a name (even before we were pregnant) and we both just adore what we came up with.
I'm starting to wonder if he isn't already a Jax... because sometimes it feels like he's doing jumping jacks in there! At our ultrasound he was already head down - and I haven't felt any BIG flips, so I assume he still is - and I get lots of low punches. I think he has targets set up in there on my bladder and other sensitive organs/areas. And sometimes he gets me from both sides - so I know both hands just jumped out! Sometime between 10:30 and 11am is usually his most active time to kick - I don't feel the kicks as strongly on the inside as I can from the outside... and I see my belly jump a bit too! I feel the punches well from the inside (sometimes enough to make me yelp) but I can't feel them very well from the outside.
I took my glucose test on Monday and haven't heard any word from the doctor - they told me no news is good news... he'd definitely call if the results were atypical and I needed to take the 3 hour test. I won't know for sure until I either hear from doc or I see him again next Friday, but until then there's no use worrying.
I'm 27 weeks pregnant now... second trimester is swiftly drawing to a close. Jax is about 14 1/2" long from head to toe and weighs about 2 lbs. He's practicing breathing motions and his eyes are open now and he can see a little bit. If (God forbid) he were born today he'd have an 85% chance of survival. He's now working on fattening up his bony little frame and his immune system is continuing to develop. His little brain is still developing and is working all the time. He may even be sucking on his fingers now (or working his hand eye coordination on those strategically placed targets).
No comments:
Post a Comment