3mo holding hands

3mo holding hands

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ultrasound update

I called Dr. Curry's office today to let them know that we were disappointed in our ultrasound and would like it if they would call and talk us through it.  I also let them know that I don't mind student observation, but that we'd prefer if Dr. Curry run our appointments from now on.

Emily (Dr. Curry’s triage nurse) pulled the sonogram and said Dr. has not looked at them yet, but that she was looking at them and they looked good.  She said the baby was measuring 18wks 1 day - so almost exact (we thought 18 weeks 3 days, so almost perfectly on schedule).  Weight estimate (u/s is never exact) is about 8.5 oz.  Everything looked good.  They saw 2 kidneys a bladder a stomach a 4 chamber heart... everything looked good.  She said Doc typically does another ultrasound in the 3rd trimester to evaluate size and position - if we want to wait they can check gender then (she said she could not determine gender from the images they sent her).  She said if we want to know the sex for sure before that she highly recommends Johnson County Ultrasound and she can give us a referral if they require that - just to call her.   She said “looks good” a lot!  LOL! 

She was completely understanding with the student observation only – not running the appointment – from now on.  She was very helpful.  I feel much better. 

I just wanted to send an update on what the doctor's office had to say about the ultrasound.  I hope you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment