3mo holding hands

3mo holding hands

Monday, July 18, 2011

It's official!

"We very much have a boy on our hands!"  Or at least that's how the sonographer phrased it.  I think we very much have a boy on my bladder!  LOL!  I was very worried that I hadn't felt him move much yet, so last Friday at our 20 week appointment Dr. Curry told me to go lay in a quiet room after a meal and just wait.  Sure enough - I felt a little something.  I mean little.  It was almost like a little muscle twitch, but in my abdomen.  I felt it a bit on Saturday, and then a bit on Sunday, but today at work I realized I'd been feeling that for a while!  When I'm sitting it makes me jump up and think I need to pee (again).  I thought it was a little muscle spasm on my bladder - when it was really our little man just tapping a little Morse code "hello" to me.  On Friday his heartbeat was 140 - well within the healthy range.  It's going to be hard to stop calling him "it" now!

The summer is starting to wear on me now... too much time on my feet on concrete and I've got swollen ankles for a few days.  They don't hurt, in fact it surprises me when I see they are swollen because I can't feel anything at all.  I'm growing ever less tolerant of the heat.  Hot days used to be a nuisance but I didn't get too upset over them... last week I had a bonafide anxiety attack because I was certain I was cooking from the inside out!  To quote Fools Rush In, "the white people are melting!"  and this girl is as pasty, ghostly, white as they come!  I'm just glad that I'm only half way through my pregnancy this time of the year.  I have friends and family who are 40 weeks (and more) right now and I'm fairly certain I'd have just set up camp in the hospital waiting room if I were them!  Those ladies are TROOPERS!  Much stronger women than I am!

The weather in KS is miserably hot.  I'm told that the summer of 1980 held record setting highs - my mother was pregnant with me then.  This year is rivaling those records... and I'm pregnant!  There must be something about being named Suni that taunts the sun.  Really, Sun, I didn't mean to pose a challenge!  I know you are hotter than me!

Now that we have been reassured that our little man is indeed a man we're excited to continue planning everything and to start some shopping!  We are looking forward to some weekends with our families coming up and hopefully will get to look at some cute boy stuff with them!

They gave us a video of the ultrasound today, but I can't figure out how to get it to load on Blogger (nor can I figure out what I'm looking at in the video most of the time)!  I would put it up if I knew how, but it doesn't seem to be in the right format.  Sorry!  But, I can post some of the pictures (I recently learned that the process is called an ultrasound, and the images it produces is called a sonogram... I always wondered what the difference was).  I have a whole handful of pictures, but I'll be honest - the front facial views are very skeletal (Skeletor is more like it) and creep me out a bit, so I just included my favorite pics.


Any arrow you see indicates his manhood... this is the first shot we got, to which the sonographer exclaimed "you very much have a boy!" 
I can see what the arrow is pointing at, but I don't know what I'm looking at otherwise to reference that it is his parts.  
Is it weird that I'm the first person to post my child's genitalia online?  ew.



 Here is a profile shot.  
Toward the bottom of the image you can see the forehead and nose etc.   
Looks like a cutie to me!
 More manhood... both the bat and the balls.  Yeah... I can't see much either. 

Here is the head, abdomen and most recognizably, a hand!  
Sucking his thumb maybe? 
I don't know... the girls at work and I made that up.  LOL!

This is a pretty sweet one in my opinion.  It's the profile of his foot.  
They had another of the bottom of his foot, but it was very skeletal also, and more boney than cute.  


Today I am 20 weeks and 6 days.  I'll be 21 weeks on Wednesday.  It's crazy that I'm 1/2 done, but I don't really buy that much, I've only known I was pregnant for 16 weeks, which means I have more to go than I even know I've gone! (or something like that... I'm confused now).  Anyway.  I'm feeling good lately!  Feeling my little man move around is so cool.  Makes me grin like a fool every time.  LOL!  I'm sure I look like a real bright bulb sitting at my desk grinning at nothing all day!  Cravings have hit.  Still loving my cheeses (which is good.  Doc said babies are made of protein, so a protein - meat, dairy, or cheese - at most meals/snacks will keep baby growing and help limit me from growing too much!), my strawberry craving has passed and now I can't get enough of the peaches... millions of peaches for me!  MMMMMMmmmmmm!  The old cliche of pickles and ice cream is true - although I do not want them together.  But oh, they are each on my mind multiple times a day!  I let myself have more pickles than ice cream... they have fewer calories.  At least ice cream is dairy - I'll give myself a free pass on it (in moderation).  Baby can hear me now, so I try to talk softly and sweetly (I don't want to fill his little world with reverberating negativity!) - and whether it's in tune or not I try to sing to him too.  Poor little guy.  I should probably start reading to him.  We can both enjoy that!  He's estimated at 10.5" long (from head to toe now) and 10.5 oz.  The way I've been feeling like I'm stretching all of the time he'll be a full pound in no time!  He (and my uterus) are now heavy enough that when I lean forward I feel like he's going to fall out of my belly button.  I can't even imagine what it will feel like in another 19 weeks (and 2 days)!

No comments:

Post a Comment