I have no idea what it's like living with a Grizzly bear... but I believe Brian does! Poor guy! Baby M is making his or her voice heard loud and clear early on! I am grumpy, I'm exhausted, I'm never hungry, but I'm always eating (small constant snacks keep the nausea in check - not gone, but in check). Nothing sounds good, but then randomly I'll want something like fried rice... or a salad with hot bacon dressing. I don't even know where to find a salad with hot bacon dressing! My preferences change by the day. Well, every 2 days, actually. Something will just be the best thing in the world for 2 days - and then the 3rd day I can't even stand the sight of it. Right now - celery and veggie dip... yum! I'm sure that will vanish soon, too. The only things that have been constants so far is spiced hot tea, and cheese... oh, and buttered toast - but only in the evening (NOTHING is good in the morning except OJ). Neither cheese nor tea ever sound good to me - but both really do usually taste good and make me feel...better. If this doesn't end soon I'm going to run out of small snacky foods and succumb to actually throwing up! Oh, I'd REALLY rather not!
It's just strange. First thing in the morning there is nothing better than a big glass of orange juice. Any other time of day I can't even stand the thought. If I force feed myself an egg in the morning and I feel better - but damn it's hard getting it down! When did something as simple as eating become such a chore?
Other than constantly placating my stomach, I'm just grumpy, tired and am really low on patience! We've been carpooling to work and it's great - for me. I get to sleep on the way to work, on the way home and over lunch while he chauffeurs me around! That really can't be all that fun for him! My sweet sweet husband just wants to see me smile and hear me laugh - and he has to pry it out of me with a crow bar lately - or so it seems. Which, of course, only makes me feel worse. Poor guy doesn't deserve this!
I really hope that everything I read is right when it says that morning sickness means a healthy baby! I know I don't have the worst of it (and Erin, I think of you every day and recognize that I should count my blessings!), but this is just plain no fun!
As for whether I'm over-reacting or being highly emotional - you'd be better off asking Brian. But, I can say I got WAY too excited (and still am) when I heard that George Clinton & P Funk were coming to Salina's Smoky Hill River Festival! I've never been a huge George Clinton fan... nor a huge Funk fan, but I just can't get over how outrageous it is! LOL! I hope I'm still this excited in June!
Today is day one of week 7... the baby is the size of a blueberry. It's resembling a human more and more, so I'm feeling less and less disgusted by it - but once the tail is gone and it has fingers I think I'll be able to give it full credit! LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment