This kid amazes me every day. ...I know - every parent says that. It's true, he's just like most other kids, but I'm still amazed. They speed at which he's picking up words and phrases and putting sentences together. He keeps me on my toes! As I've COMPLETELY failed to write down things I'll want to remember about him I'm putting them here, where I can decide later whether to print it all as a book or just leave it online where I can see video's too.
For quite a while I wondered if he'd be the only kid in his Children's Day Out program (which starts in Sept) who couldn't count... or didn't know his colors. It didn't matter how much I repeated them he didn't follow. He could say his numbers, but it was always 2-8-6-9, 2-8-6-9... that's the closest he'd come to counting. Then all of a sudden he started counting everything. He counts clouds, he counts cars, he counts blades of grass. After he gets in a zone 2-8-6-9 will resurface, but it's almost a focus chant. He's also started telling me the color of things and sometimes even quizzing me! He'll tell me that the blue choo choo is actually green. When I repeat it's green? He laughs and corrects me (and thus, himself). While I was fighting to get the lid off a new bottle of apple juice one day he very bluntly and plainly looked at me and said "just pour the juice, Mama." Ummm... okay!?! I honestly fall more and more in love with him every day (I didn't think that was possible). But, I think maybe that's not so much a coincidence as a defense against this next new development.
Whining. I think sometimes the words get overwhelming and the most he can manage is an absolutely nerve-grating whine. I'm working on breaking that... oy!
Time for some pictures!
| He got a LeapPad Ultra for Christmas and he is a whiz at that! I don't know how to do the things he does on there! He's learning so much from it. |
| Dad's hat is always cooler than his own! |
| snug as a bug in a rug! |
![]() |
| Looks like Blue is doomed! (she survived) |
| Engineer Jax! |
![]() |
| Easter pics! |
![]() |
| Our sweet pretty girl |
![]() |
| Egg head! |
![]() |
| The Easter Bunny brought tee ball! |
![]() |
| Might as well try both ends of the bat! |
| Planting our strawberry plant! (he played with the dirt in that pot while I put it somewhere it would like a bit better) |
| Helping Dad with the mulch! |
![]() |
| This kid loves his hat, shoes & sunglasses! Can't leave home without them (or go outside at all for that matter). |
![]() |
| Day date with Katie |
![]() |
| He loves to put on hats and scarves when he finds them and go around saying "brrrrrr... it's coooold..." |
![]() |
| our first trip to Fritz's (they delivery your meal via toy train!) |
![]() |
| It didn't change his eating habits, but he did enjoy it! |
![]() |
| We had a couple of hot days that our A/C wasn't working. Jax monopolized the fan! |
![]() |
| We went to the new Museum of Natural History in Leawood. |
![]() |
| The Discovery room was great! |
![]() |
| At a certain point Jax needed help building! |
![]() |
| We were both pretty excited for the knock down! |
![]() |
| He loved the dinosaurs! He kept saying "BIIIG Inosaurs!" and left the museum scream "saurey's! saurey's!" We'll have to make another trip! |
![]() |
| Museum at Prairiefire - SUCH a beautiful building! |













































No comments:
Post a Comment